In certain situations, you may need to modify specific aspects of a pending or active tenancy. Lease changes allow you to make essential adjustments. To make a lease change, find the tenancy you’d like to make changes for, click on the overflow menu (•••) and select Lease change, which will display a menu requesting a description of the change you want to make, followed by one of the following options:
- Contract end date: Extend or shorten the length of a tenancy, or choose Switch to rolling, which extends the contract indefinitely until you cancel the tenancy or specify an end date.
- Move-in date: Modify the day your tenant moves in.
- Move-out date: Change the day your tenant moves out.
- Unit: Switch to another building and/or unit.
- Addendum: Select an addendum from your contract templates for your customer to sign.
Please note that you can make multiple lease changes simultaneously. For example, if you want to change both the move-in date and the property the tenant is leasing, you can toggle on both changes and apply them together. All lease changes are permanently documented in the tenancy record, providing a description and an audit trail of the changes that occurred.